Website Wellington West Retirement Community
We’re Signature Retirement Living, and we believe that enjoying life is what Vibrant Seniors Living should be all about. We hire outstanding people who truly care about seniors and understand their needs. We value our staff and believe in providing a culture that cultivates and celebrates success, offering excellent benefits and perks, and a vibrant, fun, safe work environment and much more! As we continue to expand, we invite you to be a part of building a reputation that will stand the test of time. If you are passionate, creative, caring and energetic, we would like to hear from you!
Wellington West Retirement Community, located in Ottawa, Ontario is actively seeking an energetic, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to join our growing team.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Marketing Manager develops and implements site specific marketing and sales programs to achieve occupancy targets in accordance with legislative/regulatory requirements, Company policies and procedures and fiscal constraints.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBLITIES
- Generate sales by engaging in tours, presentations and meetings with potential prospects to achieve property occupancy and revenue targets.
- Assist with developing the annual marketing and sales plan, departmental goals and objectives, and annual budget.
- Market the Community’s services and amenities to potential residents, external groups and senior care system partners and assist the Executive Director in all sales related activities.
- Perform ongoing market research and continually monitor competitors, and adjust marketing and sales efforts as needed.
- Oversee all marketing and advertising promotional activities and staff involved in these activities.
- Engage with Culinary and Lifestyle departments for purposes of specials events planning.
- Communicate with appropriate personnel to ensure community common areas and suites are clean and welcoming for sales prospects.
- In conjunction with Director of Care negotiate care services for new residents.
- Keep up-to-date records on sales calls, customer contacts, and details of meetings in a timely manner using the Company’s Customer Relationship Management Software.
- Process the appropriate deposits and Lease Agreements.
- Enforce and adhere to all appropriate workplace regulations, compliances, legislation and Company policies and procedures.
- Be continually aware of, and maintain, the highest standards of professionalism by following the Company dress code.
- Act as Manager-on-Duty weekends on rotation.
- Work on a continuous basis with a computer.
- Walk and stand on a variety of surfaces for at least 3 hours per day.
- Occasional lifting up to 30 lbs.
- Travel by personal vehicle to attend community functions as required.
- Exposure to extreme temperature and variable weather.
- Alternating weekends.
- Must be able to provide a police check with vulnerable sector screen upon hire.
- Must be able to provide a record of immunization for TB test upon hire.
WHO YOU ARE
- Post-secondary education in business/marketing field is an asset, along with previous sales experience, or equivalent combination of education & experience.
- Excellent English communication (both oral and written), including presentation skills.
- Sound knowledge of local community, competitors and media contacts.
- Computer proficiency including media software, internet resources and Microsoft Office.
- Valid Drivers’ license.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, candidates who require accommodation throughout the application and/or selection processes may contact the Executive Director for assistance.
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position. Please be advised that only those required for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.